Digital marketing is an emerging industry and lots of people are switching careers into digital marketing while some are upgrading their digital skills to be fit and relevant for today’s job. The truth is that digital marketing jobs are dynamic and different, so if you are considering a digital marketing job or working for a digital marketing agency in Nigeria you must stay up to date with the ever-changing flow of digital trends.
Almost all the companies and businesses in Nigeria require the services of a digital marketer in one way or the other. Whether you veer towards business and management, tech or the creative end of the spectrum, there will always be digital jobs available for you as a graduate.
In this article, we’ve provided in-depth details (salaries and job descriptions) about the hottest digital marketing jobs in Nigeria.
1. Digital Marketing Manager
A digital marketing manager is responsible for developing, implementing and managing marketing campaigns that promote a company and its products and/or services. He or she plays a major role in enhancing brand awareness within the digital space as well as driving website traffic and acquiring leads/customers. A digital marketing manager also identifies and evaluates new digital technologies and uses web analytics tools to measure site traffic to better optimize marketing campaigns.
- Design and oversee all aspects of the digital marketing department including email, social media, SEO and paid ads.
- Develop and monitor campaign budgets.
- Plan and manage social media platforms.
- Prepare accurate reports on individual marketing campaign’s overall performance.
- Measure the performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Coordinate with advertising and media experts to improve marketing results.
- Identify the latest digital trends and technologies in the industry.
- Evaluate important metrics and work with the team to brainstorm new and innovative growth strategies.
The starting salary of a Digital Marketing Manager in Nigeria may be as low as ₦180,000 monthly but a well proven and experienced manager can earn over ₦350,000 per month.
2. Digital Marketing Executive
Digital Marketing Executives (also known as Digital Marketing Specialists or Digital Marketing Strategists) are usually responsible for assisting Digital Marketing Managers in designing and implementing the company’s digital marketing plans and strategies and achieving digital marketing goals and objectives. Digital Marketing Executive can choose to specialize in certain areas, such as search engine optimization (SEO), paid search (PPC), display media, social media, and shopping feeds. Additionally, they can have a more general digital marketing expertise and can still be referred to as a digital marketing executive.
- Design digital media campaigns according to business goals.
- Coordinate and manage the creation of all digital content such as website, blogs, press releases, and podcasts, infographics, videos, etc.
- Establish a reputable online and work to improve brand presence.
- Maintain and manage all social media channels.
- Liaise with Marketing, Sales, and Product development teams.
- Suggest and implement direct marketing methods.
- Suggest strategies and methods for improvement.
- Regularly track and get insights into competitors’ strategies.
- Develop and monitor ROI and KPIs.
- Stay up-to-date with digital media technologies and the latest trends.
The starting salary of a Digital Marketing Executive in Nigeria may be as low as ₦150,000 monthly but a well proven and experienced marketer can earn over ₦250,000 per month.
3. Social Media Manager
Another digital marketing job that is right for any Nigerian graduate who is socially and tech-inclined is social media management. Social Media Managers help companies to communicate with their customers across various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Social Media Managers are familiar with the use of analytic tools in understanding how customers interact with their brand. Social media marketing managers also create content campaigns that attract and engage existing and new customers.
- Implementing a social media strategy that will align with the brand’s business goals.
- Communicating and engaging with social media followers and responding to their queries on time.
- Staying up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media.
- Analyzes social media analytical tools to understand consumer impression and make recommendations for new strategies.
- Interact with the various teams and departments, to help build impactful social media plans that benefit all facets of the business.
- Pitch social-media story ideas to editorial teams and keep everyone apprised of breaking news and trending topics.
- Research audience preferences and discover current social media trends.
- Oversee and manage all social media accounts and pages.
- Develop a creative social media content calendar on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Find creative ways to maximize content across platforms and media types.
- Reports social media performance through analytics weekly, monthly and often per campaign analytics.
The starting salary of a Social Media Manager in Nigeria may be as low as ₦120,000 monthly but a well proven and experienced manager can earn over ₦200,000 per month.
Also Read: Best Digital Marketing Agencies In Nigeria.
4. Content Strategist
Content Strategists (also known as Content Developers or Content Writers) handles the ideation and creation of compelling content including website copy, white papers, blog posts, social media content, videos, and product/service descriptions. A Content Strategist is responsible for adding value by actively engaging customers/stakeholders and maintaining a cohesive brand voice. Additional tasks handled by a Content Strategist may include analyzing marketing metrics and collaborating across departments in order to execute brand initiatives. A Content Strategist also understands the power of keyword research which can improve SEO ( search engine optimization).
- Writing of marketing copy to promote the company’s products/services.
- Regularly produce various content types, including email, social media posts, blogs, and white papers.
- Actively manage and promote the company blog, and pitch articles to relevant third-party platforms.
- Researching industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and case studies).
- Proofreading and editing of blog posts and other articles written by other members of the team.
- Submitting of works to editors for inputs and approvals.
- Conducting keyword research using various tools and using SEO guidelines to increase web traffic.
- Updating the company’s website content when needed.
- Collaborate with other departments to create innovative content ideas.
- Create content marketing campaigns to drive leads and subscribers.
The starting salary of a Content Strategist in Nigeria may be as low as ₦80,000 monthly but a well proven and experienced strategist can earn over ₦150,000 per month.
5. Search Engine Specialist (SEO & SEM)
Search Engine Specialist manages all search engine marketing activities (including SEO & PPC) of an organization. A Search Engine Specialist work on behalf of organizations to ensure that when audiences search for specific and relevant content using Internet search engines, the websites for the organizations they work for appear within the top results. A Search Engine Specialist duties include creating strategies with prominent search engines, developing and testing new keywords, managing Pay-Per-Click (PPC) campaigns, analyzing click-through data, content strategy, link building, and keyword research strategy and conducting research.
- Reviewing and analyzing client sites for areas that can be improved and optimized.
- Preparing detailed strategy reports.
- Identifying powerful keywords to drive the most valuable traffic.
- Running PPC campaigns.
- Writing powerful calls-to-action to convert visitors.
- Filling websites and other content with effective keywords.
- Writing effective SEO content for blogs, websites and social media accounts.
- Developing link building strategies.
- Analyzing keywords and SEO techniques used by competitors.
- Keeping updated on both white hat and black hat SEO strategies to avoid stay within search engine guidelines.
- Compiling and presenting SEO guidelines.
The starting salary of SEO/SEM Specialist in Nigeria may be as low as ₦150,000 monthly but a well proven and experienced specialist can earn over ₦300,000 per month.
6. Digital Business Analyst
A Digital Business Analyst performs routine business analysis using various digital/data techniques. Digital Business Analysts review a great deal of information related to the web traffic that their company receives. They also research information related to their industry to better understand what’s happening in their industry’s market. Ultimately, they want to gather all relevant data for evaluation and to make recommendations about how companies can increase business by providing appropriate information and services to clients online.
- Define business requirements and report them back to major stakeholders.
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Plan and coordinate the development of primary and secondary market research studies in support of strategic planning and specific marketing initiatives.
- Analyze the existing structure of a business and how it uses technology to achieve its goals.
- Oversee the implementation of new technology and systems that aligns with the business goals and objectives.
- Formulate ways for businesses to improve, based on previous research and analyzed data.
- Persuade internal and external stakeholders of the benefits of new technology or strategies.
The starting salary of a Digital Business Analyst in Nigeria may be as low as ₦120,000 monthly but a well proven and experienced business analyst can earn over ₦300,000 per month.
7. UI/UX Designers
User Interphase (UI) and User Experience (UX) designers are responsible for the end-to-end development of websites and digital marketing applications. They may or may have a deep technical background or they may be better versed on the design end of the spectrum. UI/UX designers are focused on understanding the website from whole marketing experience, and to that end, they need to understand audiences as well as have an in-depth knowledge of the product or service a given client offers.
- Create original graphics designs (e.g. images, sketches, and tables) for the company’s branding.
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like.
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems with the company’s website.
- Communicate with clients to understand their business goals and objectives.
- Work with the product managers and development team to create prototypes for new product ideas.
- Optimize existing user interface designs and plan for implementation of new designs.
The starting salary of a UI/UX Designer may be as low as ₦180,000 monthly but a well proven and experienced designer can earn over ₦400,000 per month.